Lake Havasu City appreciates your commitment to help ensure that our neighborhoods maintain a residential feel, provide a quality lifestyle and encourage mindfulness towards those who call Lake Havasu City home.

Please show consideration to the following:

  • Trash is to be kept in the proper containers and not within public view no more than 12 hours before collection.
  • Refrain from unnecessary, excessive and offensive noise levels and comply with day & time noise standards. Do not engage in disorderly conduct or disturbances.
  • Avoid parking in a way that blocks a neighbor's driveway or parking on a neighbor's property.


Click the link below to register your vacation rental.

Login and account access help is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by contacting MUNIRevs


Owner must maintain a current transaction privilege tax license from the Arizona Department of Revenue and list the transaction privilege tax license number on each advertisement for each vacation rental the owner maintains, including online lodging marketplace posting in accordance with A.R.S. § 42-5042.


If you need to submit a complaint about a vacation rental in your area, you can submit an online form at the link below or call the hotline.

For tax related questions, please contact our Administrative Services Department.

You can also contact the Arizona Department of Revenue Customer Care.

The City Code outlines the responsibilities of the owners and the occupants.

For additional information, please contact Customer Service.

How do I comply with the City’s new regulations on short-term vacation rentals?

Prior to renting your property for less than thirty (30) days, you must register the property with the State of Arizona, Department of Revenue by applying for a Residential Rental TPT. Once you have been issued a Residential Rental TPT number, you will need to provide the City with the vacation rental owner information, Residential Rental TPT number and designate a local 24-hour contact person. To provide this information, you will complete and submit the Lake Havasu City Vacation Rental Form to the Lake Havasu City Business License Department.

The local contact person is tasked with responding in a timely and appropriate manner to any complaint that an occupant or guest of the rental is creating. This includes unreasonable noise or disturbances, is engaged in disorderly conduct, or violating local or state laws.

What is a short-term vacation rental?

Simply, it is any type of paid lodging for a period less than 30 days. For tax purposes, a short-term vacation rental falls under the definition of a hotel. The Lake Havasu City Tax Code defines a hotel as any public or private hotel, inn, hostelry, tourist home, house, motel, rooming house, apartment house, trailer, or other lodging place within the City offering lodging to transients for compensation. Transient means any person who at their own expense or at the expense of another obtains lodging space for less than 30 consecutive days. See Lake Havasu City Tax Code Section 3.01-100.

Do I need to pay sales tax if I rent my property as a short-term vacation rental?

Yes, if your property falls under the definition of hotel and is rented to a transient for less than 30 days.  The applicable City sales tax equals 5% of the gross income from the business activity (2% applied under Section 3.04-444 and 3% applied under 3.04-447). The State and County rates for this activity are 5.50%, equating to a total tax rate on the gross income of the hotel activity at 10.50%.

How do I remit sales tax I collect from renters?

Reporting and remitting sales tax is handled through Arizona Department of Revenue.  Prior to reporting taxes, a “TPT License” is needed. Additional information and applications for a TPT license can be found at

Paper applications are available at City Hall.

Do I still have to pay sales tax if I do not live in Lake Havasu City?

Yes. Business activity is conducted within Lake Havasu City when the lodging is rented regardless of where the property owner resides.

Do I have to pay any hotel sales tax on my property that is rented for more than 30 consecutive days?

Generally, if you rent for 30 days or more, the income is not taxable under hotel business activity.  However, if you bill the occupants for intervals less than 30 days and your property falls under the definition of hotel, the income becomes taxable.  For example, if you rent your condo for three months and bill the occupant for each month, then the income is not taxable as hotel business activity. If you instead billed that same occupant biweekly, then the income is taxable as hotel business activity even though the occupant stayed for three months because the billing intervals are less than 30 days.